Microsoft Money 2005 doesn't open

cybrjam

OSNN Newbie
I use MS Money (now the 2005 version) quite often without problems, but about 3 days ago, the program did not want to open. Upon clicking the icon, it tries to open because I can see my cursor turning into an hourglass, but it stops. Then if I click on the icon again, a message comes up telling me that money is already open.

If I then check in the Windows Task Manager, the program doesn't appear under the 'Applications' tab, however it does appear under the 'Processes' tab.

I have tried reinstalling money, turning off the antivirus, firewall, and other programs that run at startup, but that doesn't work. The only thing that I can think of is a corrupted registry, but I really don't want to reformat. This forum is my last hope.

Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks...

kill all the orphaned processes in task manager and open it up again :D

LordOfLA said:
kill all the orphaned processes in task manager and open it up again :D

I tried that, but it doesn't work. I also restarted windows xp with only basic devices and services and it still doesn't open.

Thanks.

Do you have windows set to report errors? or even show errors but don't report em?
Either way, check the event log and see if it can shed any light.

My dad and I also use the app, the uk version granted, but will be very similar.

Electronic Punk said:
Do you have windows set to report errors? or even show errors but don't report em?
Either way, check the event log and see if it can shed any light.

My dad and I also use the app, the uk version granted, but will be very similar.
Yes, windows is set to report errors but I don't get any.

It looks like I am going to have to reformat this beast and reinstall everything. I guess I am going to have to wait until spring break and dedicate a full day for the task. Until then, I'll keep trying stuff and with the help of the forum, maybe we'll find out whats wrong.

Thanks a lot for responding.

Do you have any popup blockers? Sounds stupid, but MS Money is a web application I believe (local but using IE's shell to open). Just a thought... Other than that, have you tried to uninstall, then do this?

1. Clean %temp% fiolder and %tmp% folders, then delete the installation folder itself?

xtweaker said:
Do you have any popup blockers? Sounds stupid, but MS Money is a web application I believe (local but using IE's shell to open). Just a thought... Other than that, have you tried to uninstall, then do this?

1. Clean %temp% fiolder and %tmp% folders, then delete the installation folder itself?

Nah, pop up blockers aren't affecting my MS Money at all. Not sure what is causing the prog to not open for cybrjam.

Anything in the event application log?

Grtz
Lukas

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back