Microsoft Luvs me heaps :D

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Lee, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

All my accounts received this notice today.

Dear MSN Member,

Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office Outlook® and Outlook Express.

We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.

HAVE ANY OF THE TEAM GOT THIS?

I think maybe the fact that google offered plenty of space and yahoo hanging on to their coat tails swung it for me.

Isn't nice to fell wanted!

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Read that last october. lol.
    Haven't been able to access my .co.uk account in outlook/outlook express since it was created last year. Unless you subscribe to Outlook Live of course.

EDIT: and yes, existing accounts (ie those before they upgraded to 250mb) can still access the account via outlook.

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Will give my hotmail account a go I guess, had it many years.
    Rarely use it tho as it was sold by a forum I used to visit.
    Bastolas.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I hope you don't mind that I signed you up to a billion other spam setups EP :cool:

Its just your OSNN email addy is so damn cool, i just had to share it.

5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

let's all spam ohesenen... :D

6. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

At one point I recall MS stating they were going to cut Outlook and Outlook Express access for free accounts. It stopped working for a few days, then has been fine since.

Lee I agree, it's likely due to their competitors.

7. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Yep, I got that. I am still using outlook for my hotmail. Also being a MSN subscriber I use outlook for that as well.

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

:eek:

9. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

They did state that when they first announced it, but they stopped short of mentioning when they'll stop existing users from accessing accounts via outlook and OE. Now they're encouraging users to subscribe rather than to force them off outlook and OE.

10. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

I just checked my hotmail account (basicly use it for newsgroups etc). I got the same notice. No big deal for me personally since I don't use an email client to access it.