Microsoft Intellimouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xperienced_uk, Sep 1, 2002.

1. I have recently upgraded my m/board to a Chaintech Apogee with USB 2.0 ports.

I have done a clean install of XP Pro with SP1 1106 (to enable USB 2.0 support) and my MS Intellimouse (USB) will no longer function it comes up "USB Device not recognised - Device Error".

I have tried a newer USB Optical Intellimouse and this works perfectly any ideas??

2. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

Have you tried it on a USB 1.1 port?

3. Yes

Yes I have tried it on my laptop which has USB 1.1 and running Windows ME.

No problems.

4. djwhite

There should be two USB 1.1 ports on your motherboard as well as the USB 2.0 ports. They should be just below the ps2 ports.

5. as far as i know all ports of which there are 6 are both usb 1.1 & 2.0 complient according to the manual, but mouse doesn't work in any of the 6 ports still comes up "Device not recognised"

6. djwhite

Have you got the latest drivers for the mouse and motherboard?

7. yes have intellimouse drivers 4.1 and all m/board drivers from supplier

8. djwhite

Well then there should be no reason why it doesn't work. You'll have to wait for someone more xp-erienced than me to reply. Sorry

9. ok thanks for your help meantime

10. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Try SP1 for XP (make sure you get the 1106 build though), this is supposed to have native USB 2.0 support from microsoft.

If it dosent recognise it with Microsoft Drivers i would check that you have connected your USB 2.0 card/cable to your Motherboard correctly.

Im running the Intellimouse optical as well, and as i typed this i just whipped out the mouse from my 1.1 port into my 2.0 ports and it picks it up no problem.

Saying that though i did have the VIA USB 2.0 installed BEFORE i upgraded to SP1, but looking at my Device Manager, it informs me that its using the Microsoft Drivers and not the VIA ones.

Hope this helps.