micro vs baby

dubstar

format c:
is mirco-atx and baby-at similar? could i get away with a Micro-ATX board in a Baby-AT case??

What you really want to look at here are the letters "AT" and "ATX". AT uses a different power supply connector, and the I/O shield is way different. Even if the plug is ok, you might have an issue with the output of the power supply since AT cases are kinda old now.

I have made an ATX board fit into an AT case. but I had to do tons of modding to get it to work. In hindsight it wasn't worth the effort. You can get most cases now for about $50 with a halfway decent PS included.

it seems the board in my case is an ATX, (so says official IBM website info), but it clearly states on the inside of the case "Baby AT" i tried asking IBM why, but they didnt have an answer.

confusing ehh

mobo:
23 1/2mm Wide
30mm Heigh

well, what if he does without the i/o shield completely? will an atx power supply fit?

An ATX PSU should fit, but the power buttons are different. The AT button cuts the power directly to the PSU, the ATX button just jumpstarts the mobo. So you will need a button for the ATX as the AT button sits on the PSU cable.

AT doesn't even have an I/O shield, the ports aren't mounted on the board directly. They are mounted with brackets and cables.

So if it's a Baby AT case you're out of luck unless you take out your dremel and get a new button.

23 1/2mm Wide
30mm Heigh
Damn that's tiny! 235x300mm maybe? :D

Yeah mm are the small bits. :) The numbered are cm.

(Can't everyone just use metric??)

not really when entire nations are based on other systems of measurement. ;)

not that easy.

yep me being from EG, cali also....

we like our pounds, inches, feet, yards and miles

we only ever use metric if were are working on a japanese car lol

Yeah I know, it was more of a joke than serious.

But the metric system is much easier. Everything is base 10. I can't even figure out imperial measurements, always need to look them up. 1 inch is 2.54 cm but that's about it. :)

Oh well, such is the world...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back