MGS2: Substance for PC

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by bfontz, Jan 7, 2004.

1. bfontz

bfontz OSNN One Post Wonder

the game is fine when playing and stuff i just wondering how i can fix a small graphic problem when using the codec the faces arent showing only otocon's glasses are no other pics how do i fix this so the game will be perfect.. im using a pny nvidia geforce 3 ti500 titanium Video card so i cant use the ati patch what can i do to fix this please help me? ne other pathes or a way i can work around this?

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

your probably better off finding a forum dedicated to the game to find the answer, mabey theres a driver revision that works with it.

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Are there any official patches you get from the developer's site?

4. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Ive Got Exactly The Same Problem, Even Tried The ATI Patch for my Nvidia Card I Got So Desperate lol, Didnt work Tho, I E-mail'd Konami Support But have had no Reply. Did you have any luck? The Ati patch however did Correct Many Lighting Problems I Was Having in the Game Such as Shadows and Lightsources.

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I might install this again myself later... ;)

6. Doom

Doom OSNN Senior Addict

This is a problem with nvidia cards. I put in a radeon 9800 pro today and the problem with the codecs disapeared.

7. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

To Fix the Codec Problem I Kept Lowering My Drawing Level in Options until the codecs Worked, There is no noticable Graphics changes when lowering The Drawing Level Slider until you go below the half way line.