Messenger Problem

Smoke286

Smokeater
Since I formatted and re-installed XP my kids cannot sign in with their Windows messenger account it says they have given the wrong password or wrong username, They also cannot sign in on the MSN home page and when they attempt to open a new account they get a blank page. Any ideas whats going on?

Your windows messenger info is held on your pc since you've reformatted this is now all gone! However all is not lost when you start windows messenger you need to go through the "get a net passport" rubbish again, this is how you get your username and password back.

p.s. Re-for-matt;- To Destroy>erradicate>eliminate>delete>terminate>never again to be found>to loose for ever> to rest in peace!!

Actually, thats what I did for mine, When the kids went to sign in it said password or username wrong, when they go to the site and attempt to create a new passport they get a dead link. My daughter is now able to sign in, but only if she logs off her windows username and signs in under mine.

Ok if messenger is telling you that the username or password is incorrect then thats what the problem is.
When you first create your passports and type in your choosen passwords ,messenger remembers them by default so you dont have to keep typing it in everytime you log in. The problem is that you either forget your password or forget how you typed it in. This happens especialy with kids who dont think they have to remember what it is and i think thats whats happened here.
As for the dead link thing it worked fine when i did it 10 mins ago.Perhaps you should download the latest messenger and see if this helps, the current version is 5.1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back