Messenger Plus Live Crashing

N

Not Bman

I just installed the new msnplus live, and everytime I open up windows messenger live, it crashes within 5 mins...I never had this problem with older versions or anything.

Has anyone else had this problem, know of a fix?

I'm not having that problem at all. You could be having a program conflict somewhere. When the error box comes up look at the technical information and see where it is crashing at ..

I uninstalled and reinstalled, the only thing I haven't done, which I did last time was setting up my email accounts?

Could that be it?

Also, the old versions removed the ads and all, why hasent it this time??

there is updated version out now that might cure your problem. It does work on pre XPSP1 systems

Live always comes with ads. Use a-patch to disable. (2nd screen tick: 'remove advertisements')

I have been using a-patch alone for awhile now, I rememeber MsnPlus removing it, hmm weird.

Where is this updated version, I don't see it anywhere?

I uninstalled and reinstalled, the only thing I haven't done, which I did last time was setting up my email accounts?

Could that be it?

Also, the old versions removed the ads and all, why hasent it this time??

when you uninstalled it, did you completely uninstall it; I mean clean the temp files, reg files, program files etc. usually when I uninstall something I use crap cleaner to clean the registry and then use crap cleaner to clean the temp files. At which point, after that, if needed, I manually delete the program files and such .. I then run crap cleaner reg cleaner again ..

Well I don't know, that sounds like extra work, I might just uninstall and keep using a-patch alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back