Messenger Plus Live Crashing

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bman, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I just installed the new msnplus live, and everytime I open up windows messenger live, it crashes within 5 mins...I never had this problem with older versions or anything.

Has anyone else had this problem, know of a fix?

2. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I'm not having that problem at all. You could be having a program conflict somewhere. When the error box comes up look at the technical information and see where it is crashing at ..

3. Bman

I uninstalled and reinstalled, the only thing I haven't done, which I did last time was setting up my email accounts?

Could that be it?

Also, the old versions removed the ads and all, why hasent it this time??

4. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

there is updated version out now that might cure your problem. It does work on pre XPSP1 systems

5. yalooze

yalooze OSNN Addict

Live always comes with ads. Use a-patch to disable. (2nd screen tick: 'remove advertisements')

6. Bman

I have been using a-patch alone for awhile now, I rememeber MsnPlus removing it, hmm weird.

Where is this updated version, I don't see it anywhere?

7. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

when you uninstalled it, did you completely uninstall it; I mean clean the temp files, reg files, program files etc. usually when I uninstall something I use crap cleaner to clean the registry and then use crap cleaner to clean the temp files. At which point, after that, if needed, I manually delete the program files and such .. I then run crap cleaner reg cleaner again ..

8. Bman

Well I don't know, that sounds like extra work, I might just uninstall and keep using a-patch alone.