Messenger link corrupted

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Heeter, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi Guys,

I open my Windows Messenger, and in the top corner it says that I have some email. I click on the email link over my contacts list and it usually opened directly to my hotmail inbox. Lately it has been asking me for my username and password and then it tells me that my cookies are blocked. I have deleted my cookie list, I have lowered my privacy to nothing and still no-go. Can someone tell me what I can do to change this and open my inbox directly again. Thanks in advance.

Heeter

Screenshot of my dilemma:

2. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Do you use some webfilter like webwasher or Norton Internet Security etc? Check last settings.

3. Heeter

For my firewall, it is Kerio 4
    I do use a AnalogXCookieWall, but it is disabled while I try to figure out what's wrong with this link. I never needed to disable it before either as it is instructed to enable the cookies for that link. I am able to get to my Hotmail from my browser.
    Thanks Coathanger.

Heeter

4. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Uhhh....your welcome??? I didn't know I solved your problem. You solved it yourself :D

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Turn off the "Web" (filtering) module in Kerio 4. That should solve your problem :)

6. Heeter

Thanks NetRyder.

I will try that. Does sound right, it was right around the time I switched firewalls. Sorry CoatHanger, you misunderstood. I was thanking you for trying to help me out, as you always do regularly.

Heeter

7. Heeter

Just tried and that was it.

Thanks a bunch, Netryder.

Heeter

8. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Did read today in a magazine I bought from newsagent, that there's a new worm floating around messenger.Says on page 6 of computer act!ve issue 30 Oct-12 Title 'hackers get the message'

Hackers have developed worms and trojans that can capture a user's list of messaging correspondents. Usually, the victim is led to a website via a link or by sending an email containing the link. the site then automatically downloads a malicious program.

Microsoft said users should activate the integrated anti-virus feature in MSN Messenger 6.

Well 3 scenario's: 1) Your own virus app has removed/or stopped that link being clicked or allowed to be used. 2)The code in the messenger program has been removed by anti-virus so is unusable, or maybe 3) you need to remove messenger and do a clean install.