Memory

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Evil Marge, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Yo! More about memory..i have just looked in the task manager and it says that from 128 k memory total i have 16.429 left ...well surely the computer should be able to do a few things at a time with that amount of memory left ? I have been trying to run weather satellite software and messenger at the same time but the weather sat software crashed ... it seems it's too much for the computer ? Why is it doing this with all that spare memory ?

2. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Marge when you do CTRL+ALT+DELETE try pressing performance then it will tell you how much memory you are using mine says 112mb out of my 256mb check out ure and report back

Adam:D

3. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

16mb isnt alot for XP to play with not with what your running. For XP anyway you should have a minimum of 256mb.. ideally 512mb.

4. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Hi again, well , where it says physical memory (k) it says total 129.540 and then it says ..Available .13.452 . Does that tell you anything ? If there are 13 MB left why can't it cope ?

5. fitfella29

fitfella29 Guest

because 13 megs isnt alot of memory left for xp to play with i think you should consider buying an extra 256 megs of ram

6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Put more memory in. I start to panic when I have 50mb free. XP needs at least 256mb. It is easy to install. ;)

7. dijital

dijital Guest

you have a 128mb ram module. you are using the bare minimum for xp to function i believe, it is recommended to have at least 256mbs. increasing to 256 will drastically improve system performance and load times.

8. seeme

seeme Guest

i think your all missing the point of his question.

why doesnt it use the total amount of ram thats in the computer?

there is 128 meg of ram. why doesnt it use all 128, why isnt it using the remaining 13 meg?

9. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

nah
    he/she jus wanted to knw y the program crashed

10. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

When marge opens another program that 13mb is not enough so it is being used but it is useless.

[chanting]more memory marge more memory marge[/chanting] :D

11. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

yup
    das all u need
    more memory

12. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

yromem erom deen uoy

darB