Memory Question?!?!

Leo

OSNN Addict
Hey yall, i just became a member today ! I've been here before but today i knew i just had to be a member.

I know this has been posted here before, but i don't know what's going on with my computer. I've asked so many people before and never got an straight response so i've decided to turn to you guys.
All right, this is my question :

I have a 128MB Computer ( I know, that's no a lot) and i just bought it, i don't have almost nothing installed yet, and i only have 20MB of phisycal memory left , Is that right ???

If not, what the hell is going on ??
I know how to acess msconfig but what can i safely turn of ??

And another question is where can i get the most accurate information about my memory use ??

Thanks a lot !

PS: As you can see,im not a PRO like yall yet, but im getting there heheh.

128 is enough for windows 95,98 and ME...XP and 2000 need more...if you play games on your machine, then yeah you need at least 256 to run it as it supposed to be.

to see what is/are eating your PC's memory ( on XP pro and 2000) click on ALT+CTRL+DELETE...on process tab.

they are some programs that can manage your memory such as Ram Idle.

Best thing you could do for yourself is to get another 128mb. You will notice a considerable improvement.

Yes, having 20MB free out of a total of 128MB is normal. I've seen this happening on a friend's laptop.

Get some more RAM if you can ... its worth it.

All right ! That's what im gonna do. Get some more RAM.
Thanks a lot yall !

Well 128 should run it Ok without like to many progs that eat the ram runnin lol XP ran better than ME did when i 1st got it and i only had 64 it ran very good for such low mem lol
now i got 320 and damn it aint the same lol more ram = more fun hehehe

Try boot tweak tool (aint on xp-erience no more :(
and also
http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
for all your services needs lol
will help you know wich you need or want to keep on and so on just dont use MSCONFIG!!

Members online

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back