Memory could not be "read"

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gouk, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Gouk

Gouk Guest

Recently I had a problem with my graphics card and had it replaced and I get memory errors now but the graphics card seems fine.

Look at the attachment for a screenshot of the error dialog box.

I get this with quite a few programs.

What seems to be the problem?

2. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Is your video card overclocked? This could be the problem.

3. Gouk

Gouk Guest

No its not overclocked.

4. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Is the system memory overclocked? Have you tested the memory for errors? If this is not the problem then I don't know what is. Sorry...

5. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

There are "normal" and "fast" settings in the memory setup in BIOS. The corsair should handle the fast setting fine but set it back to normal to see if the problem clears up.

A memory problem could be the Mmeory, the MB chipset, the program you are running, or ven a weak PSU. Speaking of PSU you did not mention make or rating.

Try things one at a time.

I even had a cheap PCI sound card that started causing memory errors. Drove me nuts until I upgraded and suddenly all the problems disappeared.

6. Gouk

Gouk Guest

I have a 400W PSU

7. Quick Reply

Quick Reply Guest

I've had this problem before and it's most definately a page file issue. Turn off your page file, restart (maybe to a scandisk, bad sectors could be causing this) and then turn it back on :)

8. Gouk

Gouk Guest

Nope, that didn't work.

9. Bronx Bomber

Bronx Bomber Guest

this has happened to me b4. i had to replace my 420watt psu, because it was faulty. luckily, i found this out early on, so i could replace the psu.

10. Eck

Eck .user

And I've had this happen before also. I had a stick of 512MB and all was good. Then I got another stick and started getting the same errors. Only got it a few times in windows, mainly while opening outlook express. The rest of the time I got it when I tried to play games and the game would grash and give me that error. I replaced the bad stick, hasn't happened since.