Memorex Driver

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by soydoublek, Nov 29, 2004.

1. soydoublek

soydoublek OSNN One Post Wonder

I just installed a Memorex CD RW/DVD Rom in my computer, I need the driver for the DVD player...the CD rom works fine...I've searched everywhere but can't seem to find the driver for this specific model: 48MAX 244816AJ

Thanks

2. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

welcome to OSNN!

Have you tried memorex support? Always a good idea to get an email in there while you are looking around..... Hopefully someone here maybe has one, though they sound a bit rare - roughly what "vintage" is it?

3. mbx

mbx Marathon Project

Are you sure it is a driver you require, and not a dvd player?
    DVD ROM drives don't normally need drivers.
    How does your problem occur?

4. Kush

Kush High On Life!

are u running windows xp?

5. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

if the cdrw part works then you dont need a driver. I have yet to come across a optical drive that needed a driver installed.

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

The driver for the drive is installed by Windows automatically. If you can use it to burn cd's then it's working. My question is what are you using (software) to try and watch a DVD? You will need a software DVD player in order to watch a DVD on your computer just as you need software to burn a cd on your computer.

7. Kush

Kush High On Life!

yeah acutally i have the same type of problem on my laptop, except its the other way around reads dvd's well, but u have to slam the tray in if u want it to read a cd somtimes. its the laser i think

8. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

the old classic "slam it and it might work" technique. heheheh - its passed on in the family :rolleyes:

9. Kush

Kush High On Life!

nah, actually thought my cd-rom stopped working for a year, then my friend had the same thing but he was like slam it in, thats the only way it works, and thats true. weird, compaq and hp suck, my sisters laptops had her battery die, then her charger die, then her lcd screen backlight die, then the laptop, stupid basstards, they better give her a replacement

the_music_man likes this.
  10. lol people used to do that on the old play station, i've seen a guy put his play station upside down to play

11. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i was once ripping a dvd and the damn fags, made it scracthed on purpose so u couldnt rip it, so then i just put it in my laptop and started rocking my laptop like a baby carage and it actually worked for a while until it reached a really bad place on the dvd