media player

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dr_twinkle, Jul 9, 2002.

1. dr_twinkle

dr_twinkle Guest

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody knows of a way of doing these two little things.

1. When coping music with media player is there any way of removing the gaps that the program decides to put in?

2. How can i convert .WMA to MP3??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys and girls.

2. brocher

brocher Moderator

Hi, I have the registry update that MS didn't release. If you want it.Just D/L this file and it will update your registry.Then open WMP and open TOOLS/copy music. Select what format you want. Cant remember if you have to reboot before you convert music.But if you wanna convert WMA to MP3 i would recommend Audio catalyst. On my pc it takes about 30 seconds to rip and convert to mp3 from a cd.Give me a shout if you can't get it i maybe able to send it.

3. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

To answer number 2, there is a program called DBPowerAMP that comes with a plugin to convert WMA 8 into other formats such as wav, ogg, or mp3. Get it at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

4. pacou

pacou Guest

encoder using

hello, microsoft protected the files wma it is necessary to test a encoder I have just given the address good courage
    regards

5. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Yes, WMA is protected, but there are several encoders/media players that can convert WMA to other formats. DBPowerAMP uses a third party codec to do it. WinAMP can also do it.