Media Player Plug-in

M

mdrandall

Several Sites including www.capitalfm.com load really slowly and then when I try to access the online live radio feed I am presented with a banner claimimg I do not have Windows Media Player installed and a link to the Microsoft download site. As I am running Win XP I have WMP 8 installed and it work OK standalone. Somehow I am missing a plugin to WMP but I can't find it any where. Also of course XP won't let me unistall/reinstall WMP. I have reinstalled IE6 but the fault is still there.............my laptop running win ME works great on all the sites I try.

Another site seems to take ages running ampdetect1.exe and then also reports that WMP is not installed ???? While its running this program (20 seconds) I cannot close the IE window and can only kill the process.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back