media player 10 fullscreen music playback problem...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Psyborg, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Psyborg

Psyborg google addict Political User

when i press alt+enter to see fullscreen visualisation, the screen goes black, and in between theres like bits of what looks like the cursor goin massive size, like a screen res prolem, and then it goes back into normal playing mode. i've googled it and seen the problem replicated, but nothing like a re-install works, and i can use realplayer fine in fullscreen, and movies work fine in fullscreen in media player, so im thinking is it a visualisation problem, but none of them seemed to work properly. it worked before... :(

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Did you happen to try a system restore to a point before it started messing up?

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

do you have the latest video drivers, as well as DirectX? I know you said other players work fine, but it could be driver compatability with certain versions of WMP

4. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

psyborg go to options plug-ins, and make sure all the properties for the visuals are set to the lowest settings and see if that helps, you may be trying to display a visual that your card cannot process.

Does this happen with all the visuals are just a few? If its just a few perhaps your card does not supports opengl (or the newer version), or dx9 etc..

What v/card are you using?

5. Psyborg

i have all the latest versions of stuff and all the updates, i only noticed it today after a weekend spent fixing this- http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=79566

so now im just wonderin, it wasnt a weekend wasted when i learned somethin, but perhaps this particular as yet un-named virus could have done more damage than i thought. so i'm just thinking, after all my defragging, updating and searchin today, why in the name of god did i not just leave my son crawlin around on the floor happy as he was, instead o pickin him up and wantin to play his fave psychidellic grafix!!!! :( did i hear someone say reinstall? after all that? i really, really, dont want to. i want to see how long i can productively use my computer without reinstalling... :(

6. lancer

psybord, go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/, do the full scan IN SAFE MODE. Also download and install this:

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/, do the updates and again run it in safe mode.

Also download the newest version of hijackthis and run it and create a log, either paste or upload the log to your next post and i'll look at it and see what else needs to go.

This really is a good tried and true method to kill alot of virus's and/or spyware.

Let us know.

7. Psyborg

done that lancer, set them to their highest, and lowest settings, its a toshiba satellite a30-203 laptop, p4+256mb ram, and directx 9 came preinstalled, and i never had any problems before playing full screen in either media player 9 or 10. attached below is a diagnostics report if that helps? View attachment DiagnosticReport.txt

and why does it have no problems playing movies in fullscreen, but not visualisations? :cry:

8. lancer

well try what i suggested reagarding scanning.

9. Psyborg

ok, stil in safe mode, but gonna post results in my other thread bout msn worm, ok?

10. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Psy, didn't we address that msn issue? I thought I remember we found it. a nice BHO proxy server to delete, and a hosts file to cleanup.

I'm researching your current issue now, more later