McAffee just isolated TeaTimer.exe!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mainframeguy, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

My McAffee on demand scan AV just isolated teatimer.exe, which I believe is part of my SpyBot S&D install - see here - Anyone else had this? Will it be fixed in SpyBot final? What does it do? :confused:

2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

mcaffee sucks, it never finds viruses even if updated, and i hate it

3. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Oh that's helpful .... not :rolleyes: :p

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Yes as helpful as this post.

5. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Tea timer I don't think innoculates your system, it checks all writing to and from registry, system and lags your system like we are all g...o..i..nnnnn...gggg rrrrrrrrreallllllllllllll sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

6. Gordy

Gordy OSNN One Post Wonder

I have SpyBot S&D v1.2 but I don't have any file named teatime on my computer.
    Maybe teatime is something similar to ptsnoop.exe which is just an info trojan program and not really a virus.

7. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

TeaTimer comes with SpyBot 1.3 I believe ;)

8. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

I saw a warning message somewhere that "some" AV was tagging "some" spyware detector. Can't remember the details. Do a google befor3e you panic. I think it's alright.
    There was either a work around or it said to go back to an older spyware detector until it was fixed.

9. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

NAV has an "Exclusions" list .. I would think most anti-virus apps would have something similiar.

10. indymedic

indymedic OSNN One Post Wonder

teatimer.exe

teatimer.exe is part of spybot S&D, I recently enabled the "Internet Explorer resident" protection from the tools menu and noticed the teatimer thing in my processes list. Go back to the "tools" menu in Spybot V1.3 and there is a box to uncheck and disable it if you want (it's labelled teatimer protection or something like that). I agree with the other post that it seems to slow the system down unacceptably.

11. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

You got that wrong - Norton Sux !

It bogs your system down, it takes over your system, it crashes your system, it kills your system, it don't play well with others, and most of the time to uninstall it you have to reformat ..

12. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

agrees :) norton is like a "virus" itself l :D completely hog ties the system

13. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

I tried both of them and they both bog your system down to some degree or another. Also they both have their own unique bugs/quirks to them that make you wanna scream and grab the ol' crowbar to rip em off your comp till you figure them out.

oh and McAffee is an attempted computer killer