McAfee

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by brocher, Mar 30, 2005.

1. brocher

brocher Moderator

I have just changed from NIS2005 to Mcafee suite, i am trying to get my download accelerator to virus scan after down loading but i don't know what .EXE files to use for McAfee, anyone know the name for it?

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I cant remmeber off hand but I think it may be "vscan.exe". Dont quote me though :D

ALso a word of advice, mcafee is almost as poor as norton :) take a peek at avg for freebie antivirus and Kaspersky for payed for antivurus. For there prospective markets they're very good although naturally kaspersky is better as you would expect when you have to pay for such applications.

3. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

yeah i recently just tested Norton against AVG, i can say hands down that AVG is the best choice. Very good on resource usage too. homepage

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Do you use get right?

5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

I think FlashGet is better, from what I've experienced anyway.
    But since I've moved to Broadband, I haven't used the software at all so they may have made some major improvements.

6. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Funny I have used Mcafee for 5 years and have NEVER had a problem as long as it was installed. I have had problems after a clean install before I got Macfee installed however but that was an error on my part.