Max Payne + ATI 9700 = COOL

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Vorpal, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

:D

Hey - I never played Max Payne before. I downloaded the 1.05 demo (trying a lot of things lately).

I set up as:
    1280x1024x32
    All detail settings at the MAX
    x16 ansiotropic filtering
    x6 FSAA

Man - the game runs as smooth as silk. I must go buy it now. IT IS SO COOL, to be able to play a game smoothly with every bit of graphic goodness that the game engine and FSAA can provide.

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Yes max payne is cool :D go find the max payne kung fu mod while you at it :)

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

am sure you should probably be able to run game higher..

but seriously it has not aged badly has dear ol max payne...

:) perhaps they can now make a patch to have moving light shadows/effects like in DX 2 to show off new features and stuff in the 9700 :)

4. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

OK, I picked it up for $25 while I was out buying NOLF2. :D

I'm curious to see how the 9700 will take the new Lithotech engine... Of course I assume my 1900+ processor is a bit of a stick in the mud.

I think most people are guessing a 3Ghz processor would be needed to fully unlock the 9700.

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

not really...

the athlon 2800 performs as well as or better than a 2.8ghz p4 stock therefore oc'd it will be something to reckon with... therefore the clock speed does not pose a problem really...

its a bandwidth issue more than anything else... agp port can't allow the 9700 to perform at its peak... maximum bandwidth is a bit fux0red :) so there is a little bottleneck right there... but let me know how NOLF2 plays...