Mavis can u help?

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by renakuajo, Apr 26, 2002.

1. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

hi mavis! how do i change the run icon??? i've try w/e-icons but still shows the default icon.....i would like to do it hackin the shell32 but do i need to substitute each of the run icons that are in the shell32 or just one? also if i have to change each of the icons can be w/a same size icon for all?

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

umm, im not Mavis, but if I remember right, Microsft has disabled changing the run icon... but I think a program called ActivIcons can do that. I have it but i can't check because I'm not at home right now.. why dont u just download it and see... I can change the defualt folder icon as well and more... and it's FREE so I guess you should just download for that !

:cool:

3. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

thanks for the tip but i already try and doesnt work

4. mavis

mavis Guest

yeah, umm... it's a registry thing, so lemme find out what it was exactly, I'll post back here after I search around a bit...

:)

mavis

5. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

cool thanks

6. mavis

mavis Guest

here it is, from "Beatles" at neowin:

Hope that helps, worked for me :)

mavis

7. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

thankls, mavis......still not so sure where i have to type the path

when i get to {2559a1f3-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0} - Run...

where i have to type the path??

in the right side or in the folder thats said default icon under the key???

8. mavis

mavis Guest

double click where it says "Default" on the right, and in the window that pops up, type the path. For examle, mine looks like this for the Search icon:

D:\Downloads\BackUps and Visual\Icons\MMX MERCURY\MMX Main Icons\Search - Sherlock.ico

Hope that helps... :)

mavis

9. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

thanks mavis, i just did it but still shows up the default run icon.....damn it........hate the standard run icon, by the way i just open my email and got like 4 emails infectted w/klez virus.........do i need to hack the shell32 to make run icon change???