Matrox G400 Marvel TV and XP???

B

bheagle

Ok here it is... I have a Matrox G400 Marvel TV card, and I would love to use it in my system that now runs XP Pro, Problem is, I only have DISPLAY support for the card, there are no XP video Tools, or Desktop Tools for this card which means I can't use the Video part of the system... On the Matrox site there is a note saying DISPLAY SUPPORT IN XP.

This is good, but what about the other 80% of the features I bought the card for in the first place?

Anyone know if I can use the Famous "Compatibility Mode" for the Video Tools and such? or Would I have to go back to 98 for this stuff...????

SYSTEM IS
1.4 GHZ AMD T-BIRD
512 Meg Ram PC-133
70 GIG HD SPACE (30 and 40)
now running my VOODOO 5 5500 (great card but no video editing)

please let me know if you know of a way to do this somehow

I doubt compat mode would work for video tools that depend upon driver access.

Sadly matrox dropped all support for winxp for it g400

none planned
--
display support
available
with OS

is all they have on thier site...you might be outta luck, sorry man :(

UPDATE

Ok here's the Latest.. I installed a set of XP display Drivers and 2k video tools... and IT WORKS!!! even the Duel head and the DVD Zoom ...

Just in case anyone wants to try this, I am using
w2k_582beta.exe (drivers)
w2kvt204.exe (videotools)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back