Mandrake Linux 9.2

Discussion in 'Linux & BSD' started by luish, Jan 10, 2004.

1. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

Hi!

I just wanted to install mandrake linux 9.2, downloaded the 3 iso's, burned them and started the installation, somewhere in the middle it just got stuck and I try to install again and it keeps stuck...

When I installed I selected and unused HD and the installation formated it to an unknown format not ntfs nor fat.

Now, That I cannot and dont want to install linux anymore, XP, doesn't see that HD, how can make it to Windows to see it and format it to FAT again?

2. Yharn

Yharn meh.

find a win 98 boot disk to download and run fdisk.

3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Start -> Control Panel, goto classic view, then click "Administrative Tools" and open the "Computer Management"
    goto Storage then Disk Management, XP should be able to see the disk there then right click on it and format, assign a drive letter and so on

4. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

geffy: Ty it worked...
    BTW: someone can help me why that installation doesnt work ?
    Or do you know a better Linux ?

5. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

depends on what happens ... "doesn't work" could be anything. Also everyone has a favorite distro ... your best bet is to try a few and see what you like best. Some "easier" ones are of course mandrake but also redhat and SuSe.

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

If you could post an error message of some sort that's preventing the installation, we could probably try to figure out the problem.

7. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

ok, tomorrow that i will have more time, i will try again and then copy the message.