Major Win Adv Server problem.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by VeXPeep, Oct 24, 2003.

1. VeXPeep

VeXPeep Guest

I was having trouble loggin on to my server from work via FTP. The WWWROOT folder disappeard from my INETPUB listing from within the FTP. When I try to ftp directly to that folder I get Permission denied. I use WARFTP on the server and WSFTP to logon with. (although no client works) When I got home to check it, WWWROOT is right where it is supposed to be but is no longer a folder ICON. It now looks like an unregistered filetype icon. I decided to do a virus scan and snagged the W32.nimda virus on my SERVER!!!! I used a removal tool from Bitdefender and rebooted. Still can't log in. Any ideas? Has anyone run into this before? HELP if you can please. Thanks. :eek:
  2. VeXPeep

VeXPeep Guest

UPDATE: I was able to fix the problem by creating a new FOLDER on another HD called WWWROOT. Cutting and pasting all files from the original WWWROOT to the new WWWROOT. Then I deleted the old WWWROOT and copied the new WWWROOT back in it's place. Restarted IIS and all is good. Can't explain it but it's fixed.
  3. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Good golly, that virus is still around? Haven't seen that one in a long time.