Major Win Adv Server problem.

V

VeXPeep

I was having trouble loggin on to my server from work via FTP. The WWWROOT folder disappeard from my INETPUB listing from within the FTP. When I try to ftp directly to that folder I get Permission denied. I use WARFTP on the server and WSFTP to logon with. (although no client works) When I got home to check it, WWWROOT is right where it is supposed to be but is no longer a folder ICON. It now looks like an unregistered filetype icon. I decided to do a virus scan and snagged the W32.nimda virus on my SERVER!!!! I used a removal tool from Bitdefender and rebooted. Still can't log in. Any ideas? Has anyone run into this before? HELP if you can please. Thanks. :eek:

UPDATE: I was able to fix the problem by creating a new FOLDER on another HD called WWWROOT. Cutting and pasting all files from the original WWWROOT to the new WWWROOT. Then I deleted the old WWWROOT and copied the new WWWROOT back in it's place. Restarted IIS and all is good. Can't explain it but it's fixed.

Good golly, that virus is still around? Haven't seen that one in a long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back