mailserver?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mooo, Jun 12, 2005.

1. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

I am running a webserver from my home and i was wondering about a mailserver also. I purchased the domain from godaddy and forwarded it to my ip. Is there a way i can setup a mailserver to use my domain name also?
    ex: blah@mydomain.com instead of blah@myip

Thanks,
    mooooooo

2. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

yep,, just install it, and have the url redirect to mail.whateveryourips.com

3. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

install what?
    EDIT::
    I have a copy of kerio mail server and argosoft mailserver from work my boss let me take home. If there are any better ones or easier ones doing what I would like to do please let me know

Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  4. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

It also depends on your ISP, mine blocks port 25 so I cant run a mail server. I dont want to pay for any port forwarding services either.

5. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

I don't think its blocked but i could be wrong. I have godaddy mail set to forward to brandon@ip now i have to figure out kerio to pick that up. these programs should be newb friendly :)

6. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

If you running a webserver, then your ports might not be blocked, as your ISP usually blocks port 80 along with 25, kinda go hand-in-hand. Then do what Johnny said. One of my client's workplaces uses the simple version (cheap boss, will not pay for the Pro) of ArgoSoft and it looks pretty easy.

Heeter

7. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Well I run a webserver, my ISP (Sympatico) doesnt block port 80 but does block port 25. Im not suppose to run a http server or a remote access server but meh. Remote access is for me only and its not for an internet relay.

8. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Hey, there's something I might be missing... ooooops, was going to say something stupid... you host your own domain, it is not hosted by a 3rd party... sorry. I have 10 e-mail accounts provided with my web space. I'm out of the subject, sorry again ;)

9. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Your right , AM. My old ISP did block relays only.

Heeter