Magnetic Data Technologies HD?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dick471, Jul 30, 2003.

1. dick471

dick471 OSNN Junior Addict

Has anyone used any of their hard drives? I just acquired two 80GB 7200rpm ATA-100 drives to give to my sons & grandkids, but don't want to if there no good. Model NO: MDMV04-800. Any opinion would be great. Please email me any comments about these (dick4711@mchsi.com). Thanks very much.

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Well, you can select their hard drive support and warranty sections.

MDT Hard Drive Warranty Information: Under Construction
    /shudders

Unless you were given these hard drives free for testing or some other purpose, I would have a general distrust of them.

3. dick471

"Handy Buddy"----They were free. Any idea of a good test program that I could run on these drives? Would Sandra do a good enough test to run, before I give them to the kids? The download install tool prep software from their site is Western Digital tools! The kids will probably just install games and MP3's on these drive. No critical data!

4. dick471

MDT Hard Drives

FYI: I have fould out that the MDT hard drives are "REPAIRED" Western Digital drives, and then sold under the MDT label with NO &$%@*&@ WARRANTY! Makes you want to buy a bunch??

5. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Sounds like you're safe enough, then. If you're getting them for free, I think you got a great deal! Have fun with them :)