MAFIA: Have you played it yet?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Cannibal Corpse, Nov 24, 2002.

1. One Word:

OMFG! :eek:

From the stunning movie style openning intro, to the butter-like fluid character animation and game flow, this is one heck of an example for game developers to follow suite. This title is a treasure that I will cherish for a long time, and quite surprisingly, gets no "well deserved" credit, nor any publicity. (and to think of it, being developed by lesser known programmers)

On the other hands, over-blown, cliched and milked out titles such as GTA series praised from all the media. That's not for me, thanks.

Back to playing...(Oh, bring it on, my asbestos suit is fully worn and ready for battle)

For those who are who are interested, here are some links:

www.mafia-game.com

Do yourself a favor and buy a copy of this game, you won't be disappointed.

[​IMG]

2. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Could not agree with you more,

me and my mate both agree it kicks the socks of off GTA3 and GTA:VC,

the gameplay is much more realistic and I mean you get speeding tickets how cool is dat?

Skazzyuk:D

3. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

true

the game is much better than GTA.I played with the demo version and I liked everything about it especially its music.

4. mbunny

mbunny Guest

I like to think of Mafia as GTA with Maturity and Not a complete stupidity match =)

5. phishhead

phishhead OSNN Senior Addict

reminds me of that old game king pin but on steriods.

6. Burpster

Burpster Guest

i think i played GTA3 for about a total of two hours before deleting...have got around to putting Mafia on plastic yet....but hear its outstanding

7. avsdotcom

avsdotcom Guest

Mafia is a quality game from beginning to end (apart from the racetrack level, shudder). Gorgeous graphics and stunning gameplay make it 1 of the best 3rd person games I've played.
    However, in my opinion I don't agree that its a better game than GTA3. From a technical viewpoint, yes, as well know what a shoddily programmed/ converted bugfest GTA3 is. I even think that the missions in Mafia are more imaginative and satsifying. It is pretty linear when all sais and done though .But overall I think that GTA3 just has the edge because of the immense replay value it has and the diversity of things you can do within the game. I mean, I'm still playing it now, don't even bother doing missions, I just razz round heaping misery on the poor unfortunates who happen to get in my way. Whereas Mafia was copleted a while ago and I haven't touched it since. Just my two cents.

8. sn00pee

sn00pee OSNN Addict

Mafia is a good game and is better than Gta3 in some ways but not all... but over all I think i like mafia better...havent played VC yet tho so =/ ( and mafia is supposedly going to have multiplayer...if it does then it will be way better that gta3)

9. Bail

Bail Guest

alredy finished that game.. :)

10. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Completed MAFIA in quite a short amount of time & never played it again although it is a quality game its not one you go back to in a hurry.

GTA3 on the other hand I'm still playing - no were near finished, I get more fun out of messing with the cars handling config & changing the cars stats so they have the impact of a train

:p

11. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

I will get the game tomorrow :)

12. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

the game is too short 20 missions are not enough :( I finished it in 5 days I got it in 2dec and finished it this morning!
    GTA III took me a month to finish it.

13. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

a poll would be a ]better ideea ...