macro error after updating to sp1

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by cam, Feb 20, 2003.

1. cam

cam Guest

greetings gents,

just updated to sp1 and now am recieving an error box:

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros"

the image in the taskbar is of a microsoft word logo with Microsoft Visual Basic as the text.

i scanned my pc for viruses and came up with nothing, im wondering if i just need to downgrade word's security to avoid this message?

i was recieving it everytime i closed outlook but after removing messenger it stopped. now it just comes up at random times.

- cam

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I understand that Visual Basic now gives this errormessage after installing SP1? Then you can perform a simple re-install or a repair-option (if available)

3. cam

cam Guest

i figured it out..

i have a program called quickword built in, it's something i use in conjunction with my pda to upload docs back and forth, windows was seeing it as a possibly hostile macro. had to straighten it out. haha

- cam

4. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Isn't that some sort of security/patch thing that SP1 does (macros= viruses)? It's just telling you you have to re-enable them. I had to go and change some stuff back in Outlook Express after some security patch, so I could get attachments again.