machine keeps restarting....

E

EMDY

my machine suddenly started not to boot......it starts the MoBo screen, then it comes the windows xp logo and the progress bar, it finishes and then appears a Blue Screen for a fraction of a second, then it restarts, but in this case it appears the boot method like safe mode, last known good configuration, etc......but when choosing any of them it does the same error again, and reboots......
I hadn´t been able to read the Blue screen because it doesn´t stays enough.....any help from you guys would be appreciated........thanks in advance....

Can you boot into safe mode? If so have a look at the device manager for anything going on.

no...i can´t , even in safe mode, it does the same error.....that´s my problem it really can´t boot into windows.....

By blue screen do you mean as in the BSOD or the usual blue of the windows welcome screen?

Sounds like it could be a heat related problem, try reseating your heatsink and check your fan is in good working order.

Installed any new hardware recently? Could be a corrupted driver trying to load.

i mean BSOD......but can´t read it, it doesn´t stay enough time to read.....and i hadn´t installed any hardware......what do you mean to reset heatsink?

run recovery console from XP CD and try scndsk got me out the $hit a few times :)

hope it works

If you can and want to... open a side panel on the computer box (make sure it's turned off and unpluged :rolleyes: ) and check all yer connections, check the memory modules... make sure that they are seated fully, check yer Hard Drive IDE cables check the CPU fan and it's connection, the Video Card, all Expansion Cards... everthing.

Then *Boot Up* again and see what happens... Sometimes it can be as simple as a loose connection.

how can i make to run recovery console or scandisk from de windows xp cd.............how can i get to command prompt or DOS ???

my parents have had loads of problems with this kind of thing, it turned out to be dodgy RAM stick.
Also I once had this kind of problem and it was the heatsink not properly interfacing with the CPU so it was getting pretty hot and things like that.

insert your XP CD and in your BIOS set it to boot from CD. when you load off of the CD enter the recovery console. (on screen options)

also check your ram sticks. You maybe a defect ram module.

I'd try to do a repair installation of XP. If that doesn't work, it's probably hardware.

I've had a similar problem on a PC, but I wasn't the one repairing it in the end. The guys who did said it was the mobo and replaced it. The repair installation didn't even finish on that one btw.

Originally posted by EMDY
i mean BSOD......but can´t read it, it doesn´t stay enough time to read.....and i hadn´t installed any hardware......what do you mean to reset heatsink?

Reseat, not reset.....
Take it off, and put it back on again making sure it seems to fit tightly to the cpu.

If its BSOD - go to control panel->system properties->advanced->startup and recovery settings
then uncheck automatically restart in the system failure section. This allows you to see the bsod - write down the details and tell us the error codes etc.

All the suggestions so far seem valid so keep trying :)

you didn´t get it jumpy......i can NOT get into windows...so how can i get to control panel?????:(

i did every thing you said to me....check out RAM, cable connections, power, fan, averything....still didn´t work.....so i decided to install windows xp again, all of my apps, and it worked.....hope doesn´t bother me again......thanks to all of you, hope this topic help a lot of people......bye:happy:

/Smacks self :eek:

Me thinks i need more coffee :)

Well done though :cool:

Glad you got it fixed, you'll be doing that control panel thing though now wont you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back