Mac OS X 10.4.2 update released

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
The 10.4.2 Update delivers overall improved reliability and compatibility for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users.

It includes fixes for:

- file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
- single sign-on authentication and reliable access to Active Directory servers
- autologin for managed user accounts
- AirPort and wireless access
- Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- Finder updates including finding on Kind and using Slideshow
- synchronizing your iDisk with .Mac
- installation reliability
- managing Dashboard widgets
- Address Book, Automator, iCal, iChat, Mail, Safari, and Stickies applications
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate1042.html

Also posting to front page. Mac folks, you can use this thread for discussion. :)

*goes to download

iSync update as well, of all things they could do to iSync the only thing I really want is SyncML support, that would open it up to a vast wealth of additional devices

Last edited:
Updated tonight (as I've been gone all day) .. everything seems ok. :D

Looking forward to seeing the changes! Dashboard manager sounds good. :up:

Hmm.. I see Airport listed .. funny as was just a new Airport update this morning .. wondering if 10.4.2 broke it and made the hole or if it was missed until after 10.4.2 was already pushed?

Xie said:
Hmm.. I see Airport listed .. funny as was just a new Airport update this morning .. wondering if 10.4.2 broke it and made the hole or if it was missed until after 10.4.2 was already pushed?

Not sure about that one since I don't use it.

muzikool said:
Not sure about that one since I don't use it.
Yeah I havn't an idea as I don't use it either. :p I just noticed both updates to it.

my airport seems more stable now. used to be kind of peculiar before, ie, v low signal right next to the access point :p, now I can move around my house like never before, I even get half signal in my living room where I previously got none, or v low

Geffy said:
my airport seems more stable now. used to be kind of peculiar before, ie, v low signal right next to the access point :p, now I can move around my house like never before, I even get half signal in my living room where I previously got none, or v low

Well that's good news then!

I've noticed that scrolling in Safari is much faster, which is great!

muzikool said:
Well that's good news then!

I've noticed that scrolling in Safari is much faster, which is great!
Haven't really noticed that myself. I've been leaning more towards Camino and Shiira more recently anyway though, so haven't been using Safari exclusively.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back