Lotus Notes R5 question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by q12368c, Dec 27, 2005.

1. q12368c

q12368c OSNN Addict

I don't want the mail send immediately once I click the 'SEND', how can I configure to make it sent out manually or sent after few mins?

thk a lot

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

You can make it save the email only and then send it manually once you're ready. I use Notes at work, but I'm not there right now to give you the specific directions for doing it.

3. Luna

Luna OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

It depends on the type of settings you currently have loaded.

What you would have to do is open up your connection settings in Lotus Notes (there should be a pop up window for this in the lower right hand corner of Lotus Notes). If you click on it you will be able to select different profiles, or pick Edit Current. If you have a 'local' one listed there just select that.

Otherwise you would have to select Edit Current, navigate to the mail tab, and change your mail file location to Local instead of server.

Also, you would have to send mail from the Local copy of your mail database and not the server copy (if they offer one)

I don't have Lotus in front of me right now so I can't provide any screenshots. It may vary from company to company and how they set up their Mail.

4. Digdis

Digdis OSNN Addict Political User

A bit off topic, but I also had the (crappy) Notes R5 in my work, and managed to find a connector that allows you to connect with Outlook 2003 to the Domino (Notes) servers. If you need guidance with this, give me a beep here.
    D.

5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

For anything automatic, you'd have to set it on the mailserver side.