Lost access to My Documents folder

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by jhondoecn, Feb 17, 2002.

1. jhondoecn

jhondoecn Guest

Last night i reinstalled my Windows XP, i have 2 partitions on my disk , my documents folder is on my drive D, This folder is set to be private.Now when i tried to access this folder (even as administrator) i get a access denied message. So if anybody knows how to solve this problem please help me!.:mad:

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Try backing up the affected folder and then restoring it to an alternate location w/o the security features.

3. jhondoecn

jhondoecn Guest

thanx

Thank you man, you saved my life

4. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

If worked ok... cool. You're very welcome. ;)

5. jhondoecn

jhondoecn Guest

Yes it worked, but by any chance do you know how to delete the old My Documents and thanks again

6. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

That one I'm not sure about. You can try this. Open Windows explorer> tools> folder options> 'view' tab> scroll all the way to the bottom and untick 'use simple file sharing.' After that, right click on the folder> properties> 'security' tab> 'advanced' button> 'owner' tab. Try changing 'ownership' and see what you see. Other then that i'm not sure what to suggest.

7. jhondoecn

jhondoecn Guest

Well, this was the real thing, you know, now i have full access to my documents and i have no need to delete it. thank you.

8. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

lol, cool!

9. klutzo

klutzo Guest

Well,

this hint saved my bacon as well...

Great tip!