looking for a program

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by a dreams forever, Jun 11, 2005.

1. a dreams forever

a dreams forever OSNN Addict

hey. i dont know if this is even a program but i am looking for a program that lets you record streaming music over the web. a program that lets you record whatever is going through your speakers? is there such thing as that? maybe? I am trying out for this band soon and I need to record their music to a cd but all their music on the web is streaming. can anyone help?

2. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Audacity works nicely...free and open-source. :)
    http://audacity.sf.net

After you install it, just change the input from Microphone to Stereo Mix (also known by other names like Wave Out Mix, depending on your soundcard):

[​IMG]

zapoqx likes this.
  4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

There are lots of programs to acheive this. Any program that can record the output of the soundcard will work (Audacity, Total Recorder, SOund Forge, Virtual audio recorder, et al).

Also, If you're recording streams, you might be better off capturing the stream directly to avoid "transcoding." I'm sure theere's plenty of people here that can suggest good stream rippers.

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

That's a good point. :)
    NetTransport can get MMS and RTSP streams, in addition to being a pretty good download manager.
    http://www.xi-soft.com/default.htm

6. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

NetTRansport I believe can rip shoutcast too - dont quote me on that though.

A good alternative is StreamRipper (litterally) and RipCast (shoutcast only iirc)

7. yea audacity is good like netryder said

8. a dreams forever

a dreams forever OSNN Addict

ahh ty for the replies. I got it. :D