look at this pc case

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by the_music_man, Jan 24, 2003.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

do you like it? it has front usb2.0 and firewire hookups. thats all that really matters and the cool color changing things lol. hey if any1 knows.....do those color things require an outlet or somethign?????

2. the_music_man

check out this one..almost the same except has time/temperature but no bubbling lights:( but a really cool blue light inside!!!

3. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

for the thermal monitors, they give you little diods you can place where ever you want. as for the lights, they hook up to your PSU, same with the front reeder. nothing big, just make sure you have enough power 400w +

4. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

You sure those are actual color changning things, and not an animated gif saying how many different colors you can buy ? :p

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

yeah, those are the different colors you can get. it won't change colors. it does light up, though.

6. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

On the first post they do indeed change colour but the coloured stripes are indeed plastic with the bubbles within (not liquid filled just clear bubbly plastic),and they are only lit up with coloured bulbs behind the strips (not cold cathodes). I have seen and examined the case and it is not the best quality case i have seen its price was £45.00.

On the second case mentioned i also found this on e-buyer Here at quite a good price and from the reviews i have read say its a good quality case.

As far i i can remember neither came with a PSU.

7. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

That depends on what hardware you want to run in the case of course. If the lights are LED they hardly use any power so you don't need to worry about them when you get the PSU.

8. the_music_man

actually nick on the website it said they can change colors...lol

9. Cupid_Stunt

Cupid_Stunt OSNN Addict

I have a case almost identicle to that one in the first post,
    The coloured bubble strips at the sides do change colour.

All the extras EG: the case lights are simply connected via the ones you would normally get in any case, I mean they are just powered by the psu.

All the extra connections like usb 2 etc are just connected to the mobo via the little plugs like the leds for the power and hdd light.

Great case mine also has a window and a cold cathode and a sound reactive neon tube and 3 multicoloured fans with flashing LEDs

Regards......Cupid

10. the_music_man

cool, how much was yours? the one i posted was 70 i believe

11. Winter

Winter OSNN Addict

Dude, you noticed that's almost the same as my case right?

12. the_music_man

so which one should i get- the changing color one or the one with temperature??????? i would make a poll but i don't think i can now.