Longhorn Install Help Needed

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Dream, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Dream

Dream Guest

I just downloaded Longhorn legit via MSDN and want to install it but on both of my drives, I didn't create separate partitions so PartitionMagic won't be of any assistance in terms of creating a new drive just for Longhorn. Do I either install Longhorn from a bootable CD and then select my secondary drive (on my first I have XP and don't want to mess that up) or do I open up my computer and switch the jumpers so I make my secondary drive my "C" drive and then I won't have to worry about screwing up XP or dual booting which I don't want. I just wanna test out Longhorn for a little while then forget about it. It won't be a problem to install Longhorn to a drive that already has files on it right?

2. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Whats the link I wanna download it too!
  3. Dream

Dream Guest

sorry bro, ya gotta be a MSDN subscriber, but for those who are its:

Can someone help me regarding my first post? Thanks.
  4. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

if you choose to install longhorn on the second drive during setup, it will install fine (and it will format it, so you don't have to worry about whether or not there are files on it)...

but if you have the first drive hooked up, it WILL set up a dual boot situation. if you don't want that, remove the first drive and set the second drive to master.