Logon scripts

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by brunsodj, Jun 26, 2002.

1. brunsodj

brunsodj OSNN Addict

I just joined my college’s domain so that "domain\domain users" have permission to log into my computer using their username and password provided to them by the University.

I want to create a login scrip or something, that could set the user's home directory to their Networked drive (\\server\username$). This would mean that they could have the same “Favorites” and “My Documents” as they would have on any campus computer. How do I do this?

How do you set login scripts to run only when someone in the “users” group signs in? I figured out how to get a script runs when a particular user logs in but I don’t want to do that for everyone.

Do I even need logon scripts for change the home directory of an entire group?

Any hints to get me going in the right direction would be great.

2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

West Lafayette, IN, USA
    All those features you are talking about, like home directories are features of Windows 2000 Active Directory and require a NOS (network operating system) like Windows 2000 Server or NT Server. Windows XP is a workstation OS and does not work in that way, with "home directories" and remote login scripts like a Active Directory (aka Domain) server does for remotely connecting users.