LOGON freez

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by canadian_divx, Feb 19, 2003.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i was changing over to mplayer 9 off of windows update and serfing the net, right there it just turned off and now when i try to get on to windows it bring up the welcome screen and stops there, it does that in safe mode too and also i can move the mouse and everything. i just reformatted about 2 days ago and i have only inatalled the sp1 update and all drivers along with UT2K3 and office xp, what would be causing this?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Boot up with the xp cd inserted & find your way to the 'last good know configuration'. Run that & see if you can get in.

3. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

Better still ,uninstall SP1 as it can cause all sorts of minor problems !

4. rettahc

rettahc Guest

"Last Known Good Configuration" can be done by pressing F8 during boot, CD should not be required. Although you may want to try to do a repair install.

5. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

and leave your system vulnerable to major ones

6. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Its funny I have had no major or minor problems that were related to sp1 ... why is it anytime something does not work people are so quick to say it is MS's fault its there OS or SP thats the trouble.... I think it is AMAZING that we can set up their OS's on so many different configurations .....with so many possibilities its impossible to make the perfect product ..then you have to allow for HUMAN ERROR <<< thats the real trouble sure there are driver issuses and some quirks but in the end its still amazing.

7. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Thanx rettahc that's the one. :rolleyes: