Logging on

T

trekmp

Is there a way to turn off the option of having to use a user name and password to use XP. I'm the only one that uses my PC and its annoying having to log in all the time

Originally posted by CZAR
format and reinstall,see if that fixes it

Whoa, wait a minute! You don't have to format, just remove the password for the (only) user, and it should automatically log in. I that doesn't work, download TweakUI for Windows XP, part of the Powertoys. Go to the tab 'Logon' and then place a tick at 'logon autmatically at system startup' and specify your username (and password) here.

Yes, TweakUI does the job fine...

CZAR: We know who you are so be careful.

Telling someone who may not know better to reformat is not funny - just stupid.

Am I missing something here?

trekmp - in his first post asks a question - so instead of welcoming him and helping him out - czar (knowingly) gives him bad info - and then says: if he believes me and formats he is getting what he deserves .

I always thought the idea here was to help out the lesser knowledgeable - not lead them down a path that knowingly is not the best approach!

<damnyank thinks to himself - sure sounds like someone who used to frequent this forum - nah couldn't be - could it?>

Originally posted by damnyank
[B<damnyank thinks to himself - sure sounds like someone who used to frequent this forum - nah couldn't be - could it?> [/B]

I think I *catch* you DY :p

he's not who you think he is, however, I see he hasn't quite learned his lesson from the last nick he used, I had hoped he would have grown up by now, but it appears he hasn't, he is being watched very closely.

cool.gif

Hey Ice - sure could have fooled me - must be out of the same mold!:rolleyes:

yes, but I don't want to flame the guy, just wish he would start acting decent is all.

cool.gif

oohh , i see a mass flaming on its way....
CZAR belive me its mutch mutch easier not arguing with the mods, just agree with them.

lol, I agree but metioning it every f**king second will only make this thread closed.

so whats the point really?

there is no point, thread closed

when I said I didn't want him flamed I meant it

cool.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back