Local Area Connection enable/disable

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Anyoldnamewilld, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Hey I was wondering if anyone knw of a small program that allows you to enable/disable the LAC (Local Area Connection) using a hotkey assigned by you.

If there are any god programers out there willing to make this tiny program I would be so very happy...

Thx :eek:

2. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Why not use a firewall (ie Sygate's one) ? It can block all incoming & outgoing network (and Internet) traffic ;)

3. Thx Ant, I got that now Sygate Pro. The block all, is there a hotkey feature for it though?

4. Just tested that firewall and its really good! I really hope it can have a hotkey to block all and allow all!!!!

Where cna i find out?

5. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Try the help menu on the program...

6. I tried that, doesnt say anything. Are there any other firewalls or programs that do this- block all traffic - ???

7. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Just curious, but why? :confused:

8. I need this for a project I am working on to test my computer and brothers computer. It would take to long to explain. I just need something that can block all traffic going from my computer so i can carry on with my project.

9. Zedric

Right-click on the network icon and select disable? Reenable the same way (I think the icon stays).

10. omg.... I need a hotkey for it!!!!! Oh nevermind, the intelligence needed for this task isnt much, hell i will learn to program tommorow and make it. GEEZUS!

11. Timuwine

Timuwine Guest

zone alarm pro has this hot key feature

12. Zedric

lol :D Good luck, hope you get it working. :)

My point was, if we're talking intelligence, how much harder is clicking the mouse from using a hotkey? :p

13. Taggert_LOA

Taggert_LOA Modding Addict Political User

apparently is is absurdly hard think of all the boxes you have to open to access it? or wouldn't a desktop short cut work? or how about putting it in your taskbar?

14. leedogg

leedogg Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!

I'm not sure if this will work since I just saw this option, but you can try the commands:

netsh offline (Sets the current mode to offline)
    netsh online

create 2 bat files and create shortcuts to these bat files with the hotkeys you wish.

15. What is the hotkey for it? I have bought ZAP 4.0 and I cant seem to find out the hotkey for it.

16. Timuwine

Timuwine Guest

CRTL + L is to lock internet activity
    CRTL + S is to stop all internet activity

by the way I have version 4.5 so i'm not sure if previous versions have this