Living Wills - software?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by segamil, Apr 1, 2005.

1. segamil

segamil OSNN Addict

After witnessing the fiasco over Terry Schiavo, God Bless her soul, does anyone know of a good program for making a Living Will?

2. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

What you want is a signed Advanced Directive. This will need to follow you thorugh a situation or whatever.
    you will have to state that you do not want heroic measures taken , in case of catasrophic injury, or such
    as well as subsistence machinery.
    I don't know if there is software for this,but a hospital can advise you of your rights.

3. rotjong

rotjong Moderator

I had my lawyer draw up my Living Will and Health Care Proxy but there are a number of programs out there for wills. You may wish to check out Quicken WillMaker Plus. You can look at some info on it here: http://www.writeexpress.com/n/living-will.html.

rotjong

4. segamil

segamil OSNN Addict

Thanks! I'll take a look at Willmaker Plus. There must be others out there, but the reviews look pretty good. I just want something simple that will not require me having to hire a lawyer.

5. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

You're better off spending the money and going to a lawyer to get your living will done cuz then you'll be assured that it'll be done right and it'll count when the time comes.

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Go to the Post Office, they do them pretty cheap!