Lite-on cd burner

T

tones10

Hi, Thanks for all your replies for the post "help new cd burner"
I think I will go for the Lite-on 52x24x52, one thing bothers me about the choice, I want to be able to burn say about 47mb of data
on a blank cd and a week or so later burn another 48mb of data
on the same cd,and keep working like this until the disk is full, I know its wasteful I can do this at present with my Creative burner
"which I am giving to my son" does anyone know if you can do this
with the Lite-on it comes with Nero burning software.
Many thanks

Yes it will burn multisessions =)
i have a lite-on myself and it's a great burner

Does that model support the Overburn Feature in NERO? I haven't tried it yet...I hope it does.

Ditto. I do multi session with nero and Lite-on 40 12 48 all the time. Friend bought the 52x version and neither of us have had any problems.

Enjoy. It's a fine drive, very quiet and rates at the top of the list for backing up protected CD's. Only thing that's stumped me is empire earth.

Seems like I just responded to this post somewhere else!;)

Nero does a fine job of multisession burning - I do all my OE/fav etc backups using it.

BTW Nero 5.5.10.42 update is available as of today from the Ahead download site - no change sheets as usual - but I downloaded and installed uneventfully!

No one has answered my question still...does the Lite-On 52x24x52 burner support the Overburn feature in Nero???? Can a 82-minute or 90 minute+ CD be written with this burner???

From Nero Help:

Overburning a CD
First check whether your recorder can overburn or not. From the Recorder menu, choose the item Choose Recorder and select your recorder from the list. You will find information about whether the recorder supports overburning in the recorder information box.
Activate the overburn option within Nero. From the File menu, choose Preferences and then click on the Expert features tab.
Activate the checkbox which allows overburning and specify the maximum CD length. In theory you can choose any size up to 99 minutes and 59 seconds. Initially you should enter a length 2 minutes longer than the specified capacity. If SCSI/ATAPI errors occur at the end of the simulation or burning process, we recommend that you reduce the maximum overburn capacity or use a different make of CD. If no errors occur, you can gradually increase the overburn capacity.

Click on OK to confirm the change and close the dialog box.
This setting will have the following effect on the burning process:

If the amount of data to be burnt is larger than the normal capacity of the blank CD, but less than the maximum overburn capacity, Nero will ask at the beginning of the burning process whether you really want to overburn. If you answer yes to this question, Nero will start the burning process. If you answer no, the burning process will be aborted because there is not enough space on the destination CD.

Da to answer your question.

Check the manual or go to the lite-on site and see what it says about over bruning. If it says yes follow the :Nero help" posted above to over burn.

LeeJend - not necessary - when you do what is stated in the Nero help above - it lists your installed burners and tells you if they are supported for overburn or not when you highlight them!!

Thank you all...I didn't realize that just checking for the feature was as simple as two mouse clicks. I'm going to experiment with this feature as soon as possible.

V1OL8TOR7

Originally posted by Da_Violator
Thank you all...I didn't realize that just checking for the feature was as simple as two mouse clicks. I'm going to experiment with this feature as soon as possible.

V1OL8TOR7

Good luck!;)

I buy nothing but lite on drives anymore. I am one my 4th i have sold and given others to my dad, never had a problem. They are a great affordable drive i have a 52 now and love it. I belive mine supports overburning but i havnt tried i jsut buy more hds lol.

some questions about overburning:

1 - where is a good place to get some cheap 90-minute (or more) cd-r's? they aren't easy to find in stores, correct?

2 - nero warns that overburning may damage your burner... what are the chances of this?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back