Linux forums

Discussion in 'Linux & BSD' started by NeoXP, Dec 7, 2001.

1. NeoXP

NeoXP Guest

This does not relate to XP, but I do have Xp and this has been an extremely helpful and informative site, so I figure I should ask.

Do any of you know any good Linux sites with forums that are comparable to this one, or run by the same programmers? I am a intermediate user that is trying to learn as much as possible while in college and if you know any sites with people as intelligent as on this site, I would really appreciate the help! Thanx
  2. AndyP

AndyP OSNN Senior Addict

3. aspex

aspex Guest

Yeah, I'd like to hear any problems between XP and Linux... So, far I got them both sharing thru Samba and havent had any issues. Except for the occasional glitch in XP - correctly logging into Samba.

Although I got alot of permissions errors mapping a drive from XP onto Linux, other way around is super easy...

And if your interested in learning more about Linux, I have a LPIC training CD. Which is for the Linux Prof Institute Certification. Thats Sahr's competition - the ones IBM just started backing...

As well, as a ton of books to point you in the right direction.... Those man pages can get pretty cryptic.

drop me a line:
  4. kiDDos

kiDDos Guest

linux gurus all day/night on your local news server :) if you don't know your news server, call your isp, or find a free one..
  5. dsmlaser

dsmlaser Guest

FreeBSD Rules!
  6. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

7. St0n3H3ng3

St0n3H3ng3 Guest

Well, if you're relatively new to Linux, you can check out

It's full of usefull hints and has a good Discussion Forum.