Linksys WRT54GX

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gregn, Mar 19, 2006.

1. gregn

gregn OSNN One Post Wonder

When I try to change factory setings into my own everything works fine ..............until I restart the router. Everything I've saved is gone & router comes back to factory settings.
    When I call 1-800 # for So called Linksys "technical support" over in Asia they don't know what they're talking about.......just read from the script (which does not say anything about my problem)
    This is the second brand new modem that I've purchased within a week that does it.

Since this forum has more knowledgeable brains than Linksys Tech. Support maybe someone can help me

2. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

What do you mean by restart?
    If your talking about sticking the tooth pick into the little hole then its behave in the correct manor...
    If your talking about it resetting when you unplug it then you shhould pobably think about returning it

3. gregn

gregn OSNN One Post Wonder

Restart (turn router off & on again)

4. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Have you tried upgrading the firmware?

If that doesn't help, there is something definitely wrong and you might want to try to return/exchange the product.

5. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

6. awesome-o

awesome-o iRep Denver

I have this particular piece of software and it's worked great for me. Hopefully, if you do get a working one you can enjoy sucking up the neighborhood bandwidth (since I moved back into a house from an apartment I get very few connections forcing me to get the fastest cable in vegas.)