Lindows???

Can't say that I've used it, but I am yet to find anyone who likes or even approves of it either :)

ok, you can't combine the two, it just doesn't work. windows apps weren't made to run in a linux environment, you can't expect them to do so. there is no halfway between linux and windows, you get one or the other. lindows is s-h-i-t

ive used it its pretty easy to use not quite as easy as windows (is that an oximoron?:eek: ) it looks nice and runs pretty quick, has a "type" of windows update thing that pretty much updates it every day which gets annoying if your on 56k.

peroxide,

if you're truly interested in switching to the dark side, try mandrake 9.0. it's a free download here.

easy to install and set up....but very different from windows.

btw, i dual boot xp and mandrake 9.0. i like both! :happy:

Originally posted by koko
peroxide,

if you're truly interested in switching to the dark side, try mandrake 9.0. it's a free download here.

easy to install and set up....but very different from windows.

btw, i dual boot xp and mandrake 9.0. i like both! :happy:

I took a look. This looks like something interesting. See I have always been a Windows User, but I want to try something different on my 3rd PC. Im gonna read up on this and give it a try.

Also back to Lindows. I was in WalMart the other day buying some cd-r disc and I seen it. A complete System with printer, moniter, etc. for $299.99 featuring Lindows. Thats why I was wondering. They did not have a display demo up.

All lindows is is a linux app with wine (which is not included) - Wine is also not supportive of all windows apps .. The point to pay 99.00 for it is rediculous, especially when you can get any other linux os for free and get wine for free also ..

I have lindows 3.0 with click and burn it sux .. Most of the people I know who have Linux use triaxis or daul boot to get it to work ..

Uhm, i ran Lindows, and i ran.

Everything you start, except native programs get run as ROOT. Now that is a security issue if you ask me.

Download FreeBSD install X-Server/X-windows and enjoy window maker, and you can still do the same. I have even run Half Life + CS on FreeBSD.

Originally posted by lechtard
All lindows is is a linux app with wine (which is not included) - Wine is also not supportive of all windows apps .. The point to pay 99.00 for it is rediculous, especially when you can get any other linux os for free and get wine for free also ..

I have lindows 3.0 with click and burn it sux .. Most of the people I know who have Linux use triaxis or daul boot to get it to work ..

wine comes with lindows 2.0 dunno bout 1 and 3

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back