Limited Accounts in XP Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by delta4s, Aug 16, 2002.

1. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

Does anyone know how to change certain Administrator accounts from the main Administrator account so that these certain Administrator's cannot change the passwords of other Administrators ? !

Hope you get it :D

2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

You mean the " Big administrator " that makes the rules " over others " ? :D

3. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

I think so. ;)

4. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

This situation arose because the limited account is so cumbersome......

5. go under my computer/manage
    then users and groups. then double click the limited user account you want to add to, under "members of" add the power users group to list that will add alot of permissions but still not all admin have.

6. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

I did try that , spikemic , but some programs still do not run without Administrator permission in limited accounts. I couldnt get Windows messenger to run in my brothers limited account. I wonder if that is an exclusive problem with my computer.

7. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

I've had the same problem... messenger not running on the other users' accounts. It happened because I installed Messenger from file I downloaded from the Messenger website instead of updating it to the latest version from the prompts Messenger gives when there is a new one out. To get it to work on your brothers account, make him an administrator temporarily, log in to his account, and install Messenger from there. Then logoff and make his account limited again. That should fix your problem... that's what I did and it worked.
    Hope this helps.

8. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

Yes it worked that way. Thanks ! :)

9. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

Anytime