limewire

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by painbird, Mar 8, 2004.

1. painbird

painbird Guest

does limewire contain spyware? if so what other prog would be good to get into the p2p scene?

thanks

2. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

don't download Limewire...more spyware and intrusive stuff than you would even imagine...I would say learn how to use bittorrent...it's not hard...and worth it cause you help people by being on it...also beware with too many p2p questions...just make sure you don't talk about anything illegal...

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

I use DC++ to download all my legal stuff :)

4. painbird

painbird Guest

i use bittorrent a lot. i was going to try to use a p2p to find random things but maybe i should avoid it.

5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Bittorrent or Shareaza (eDonkey and Gnutella networks). Get rid of Limewire and scan for spyware if you've already installed it.

6. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

limewire sucks anyway

7. bobsalot

bobsalot Boooooooooooooooooooom

sorry to post on an old thread but my dad was wondering, if he has already bought an album on lp, is it legal to download the tracks off of limewire seeing as he as already payed for them. thanks.

8. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Acording to the RIAA that is not legal. They don't take any excuses when downloading .. This is the reason I try to screw them anyway I can .. :)

9. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Download what you want, what is the % of getting in trouble? Very slim. Unless you are selling it.

10. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

The only P2P program that gave me no problems and found what I am looking for was Ares, which I used for downloading music. I have now gotten rid of it, and use Torrent programs for everything.

omg its nlm likes this.
  11. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

I use limewire and there's no spyware. Altho their could've been when this thread was created.

12. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

That is true, limewire don't have any spyware. It is however a resource hog. Mostly for the fact that it uses java, which is another program I hate with a passion ..

13. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

I dont care for lime wire

14. Kush

Kush High On Life!

yes it is 100% legal, they cant say anything, because u can show them the lp and tell them to go shove it up the arse

15. DaVo

DaVo OSNN Addict

Yes, very true. Limewire has no spyware (thats maybe why its becoming more and more popular by the minute?)

16. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I remember that Limewire had spyware at one time. Now it's advertised as not having any. That's good.

17. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Yeah just a resource hog, I used it if I need a single song.

18. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Same, I know a few people that use Limeeire or the old KaZaA Lite (no spyware) to download songs AND manage there library. Obviuosly they aren't into computers as much as we are cause I couldn't stand using a P2P client for lbrary management.