License issue

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hi guys ..

I have a couple of machines that is running on Win2K and using Office 2K Small Business version. Problem is, I installed all the license into each different individual machines without tagging which license belongs to which machine. Now, I have a bundle of machines, and a bundle of license not knowning who owns what. I checked but the only thing that appears is the numbers format, for instant 2992-OEM-2992810-929292 but not the actual product key.

Is there any way to convert the numbers back to know the actual product key so I can tag the license accordingly please? Any help would be most appreciated. thank you!! :rolleyes:

Nope .. this is to change the product key for Windows XP.

What I need is just to know the product key that I have entered for my Microsoft Office 2000 - SBE. I do not want to change anything .. does anyone knows how can I do so? : )

Thanks ..

Your application may not seem wrong, but helping you could be concidered "reverse engineering" and such practice is normally not supported here. I would recommend that you uninstall it from the PCs and reinstall it, marking them as you go. There may be information on the net that details how to change the license key in which case you could just change them and mark them as you do so. Good Luck.

I'd agree on whats been said. But the situation is that with 30 - 40 PCs to go, it would really take a while to uninstall and re-install everything again. : (

I would just like to find the product key for the Microsoft Office 2000 SBE installed because the previous administrator did not mark 'em down and I am afraid the license complication issue may arise so I am actually trying to "make things right".

Again appreciate if anyone could assist in this though .. many thanks!!!

Thanks Geffy. Unfortunately, I needed a utility that can tell me what is the product key used to install my MICROSOFT OFFICE 2000 SBE and not OS.

Many thanks anyway : )

I cant remember completely but it might do that as well, I cant test it cause I will never install MS Office on my PC again.

i had a program which do it but i cant find it :( gonna check if i can frind it again on the net

As far as i'm aware as long as you have got enough licences to cover all of the installations it doesn't matter what key was used to install them.

quite rightly so .. but the problem arise when any of the machines need to be re-formatted and re-installed with office again. I don't know which product key is for that particular machine, and may end up using a duplicated set of product keys which has already been used.

frankly speaking i don't really mind, but the legislator people don't think so, and just to avoid all that hassle in the future, and the probability of being accused of not using the right license when we have rightly paid made me think twice to solve this problem.

Anyway, the aida software display the product id and not the product key .. : ( so i am actually back to square 1 again.

is there no utility or method to know just what product key has been used to install microsoft office 2000 into this machine??? : (

quite rightly so .. but the problem arise when any of the machines need to be re-formatted and re-installed with office again. I don't know which product key is for that particular machine, and may end up using a duplicated set of product keys which has already been used.

It does not matter, as long as you can show proof that you own that many. I was audited by microsoft last year and that was straight from the guy who audited me.

Use a program called aida 32 downloaded from cnet ,shows all product keys for all installations that use keys ....... Hope its some use to u

Paul

as long as you own the required number of licences then you are fine, they will not check which are being used + were. as long as you have 10 pc's + 10 licences then all is fine :cool:

I did hear that the licence of windows xp allows you to install a second copy on say a laptop.
It's just that I have got xp pro on my main computer but windows 2000 on my laptop. I was going to buy a second licence for it but if I don't have to it would save me a few bob!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back