ldw-401s to ldw-411s problem

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Before i ask my question i wanna know if it is ok to talk about a problem flashin my ldw-401s to 411s? Ok now go the question...After i flash the firmware the orange light flashes and never stops even when i restart. When i try to put a cd in it it dont read the cd :(. Can anyone help i have spent awhile tryin to figure this out :(. If i am not aloud to talk about this here just tell me thanks.

O for those who dont know what i mean its the lite-on ldw-401s dvd+r/rw and i want it to be a 411s so i can use -r since i got a 25 pack for christmas and i wanna use them.

edit:Could a mod please move this to the write area since i wasnt thinkin where i was postinge

moved thread to a more appropriate area.... hope you get more hits

TittleBitties said:
Before i ask my question i wanna know if it is ok to talk about a problem flashin my ldw-401s to 411s? Ok now go the question...After i flash the firmware the orange light flashes and never stops even when i restart. When i try to put a cd in it it dont read the cd :(. Can anyone help i have spent awhile tryin to figure this out :(. If i am not aloud to talk about this here just tell me thanks.

O for those who dont know what i mean its the lite-on ldw-401s dvd+r/rw and i want it to be a 411s so i can use -r since i got a 25 pack for christmas and i wanna use them.

it could very possibly mean your hardware is not designed to support the functions you wish to 'enable' in it...

consider that this is a problem that has occured after you flashed it to 411... try flashing the original bios back in and see if the device functions properly then...

it does work fine when i flash back...but they have programs and everything out there to do it thats how i found out to do this. But i dont wanna spend money on +r when i have -r sittin here and when i can flash my burner to be able to burn -r :(.

1) make sure that the burner is the master drive on the secondary ide channel. DO NOT put a slave drive on.

2) if that doesn't work check out www.cdfreaks.com they have a forum just for lite-on drives and they seem to really specialize in flashing firmware

3) Rule of firmware flashing: Do not flash if you are not willing to have a new doorstopper. As is very clear on lite-on's site, by flashing with an non-official firmware, you void the warrantee.

4) Flashing a drive just to save $15 on discs seems kind of assinine to me.

yeah i have tried cdfreaks but i dont think i really looked into good enough...also does it matter if the burner is master or slave when flashing?

TittleBitties said:
also does it matter if the burner is master or slave when flashing?

In theory, no. In practice, it sometimes does. Sometimes the other drive can pick up the command by mistake. Also especially important. Do not have any other Lite-On drive attached. I'd just make it easy and disconnect all optical drives.

alright...i have a lite-on dvd drive too so i will disconnect. Thanks i will give u a result sometime today. thanks

i only ever flashed with the firmware that matched my drive, so i couldn't really help ya out there. sorry

dreamliner77 said:
ED- Great useful post...

well I hate to be a party-pooper but its possible that this particular sample may not flash to and work as a 411 :(

I'm hoping for the best when TB posts again but if it doesn't work trying all the things listed so far it may just be the actual device itself and the firmware?

are there different versions of the 411 firmware? trying older/newer versions may give you more options wrt getting something to work... perhaps newer ones are designed not to work on different devices?

/me taking shots in the dark here...

well guess what???!!?!?!?!!?! I got it to work thanks to Leejend. If he wouldnt of came me that last link i would of gave up :(. I found out the newer fireware has a feature that wont let u upgrade to 411s so they said get a older one and i did and it worked!!! Right now i am in the process of installing dvd x copy so i can test and see if burning works. Thanks for everyones help and some might get a surprise ;)

AFAIK there is only one hardware version of the 401 and teh 411. They are different though. For example it possible to bring a 411 to 811. Lite-On is normally great about assigning a new model # to new hardware. The exception to this rule is the 52327s CDRW. There are two hardware versions, one with and one without a physical EEPROM in the drive. In this case, they actually release both firmware upgrades in one package and the installer looks for a marker in the old firmware to determine which wish version to flash with.

TittleBitties said:
well guess what???!!?!?!?!!?! I got it to work thanks to Leejend. If he wouldnt of came me that last link i would of gave up :(. I found out the newer fireware has a feature that wont let u upgrade to 411s so they said get a older one and i did and it worked!!! Right now i am in the process of installing dvd x copy so i can test and see if burning works. Thanks for everyones help and some might get a surprise ;)

heh I had a feeling newer firmware would do that :D

congrats on getting it to work and enjoy...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back