Latest SB Drivers Lowered Volume questions

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mookem, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Mookem

Mookem Guest

After installing the latest SB drivers from sb website...I noticed my playback volumes are 30 to 40 percent lower. Anyone else noticed a volume decrease??

Also, the Microsoft Update page shows "Creative Labs Media Driver Version 5.1.2602.0" which would seem to be later then the SB website drivers. The Windows Update drivers won't install the 2062 version on my PC so I am wondering if I should uninstall the latest sb drivers...install the older ones, and then let Windows Update patch up to latest version?

2. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

3509.2.0.0 are the drivers I'm using for my SB Live Value card. They aren't broke, so I think I'll stick with them considering the problems I read about with the new ones.

3. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

yes they lowered my volume bar so far it turned the volume off.

4. blackcat77

blackcat77 Guest

You need to get Audio HQ

Download the Audio HQ. I had the same problem and for some reason it had set the volume at about 25%. But when I turned it up, no prob -- better quality sound than before in fact.

5. Mookem

Mookem Guest

Thanks to all that responded.

Hey blackcat - I also noticed better sound quality from the newer drivers! Good to hear someone else confirm the improved sound.