Laserjet 4500 problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by whiteboyhatcher, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Not sure if anyone can help with this?

I have just purchased a reconditioned HP Laserjet 4500. Upon delivery, several clips that hold the flaps which indicate which colour toner goes where, came loose - several falling into the machine itself!:mad:

The magenta and cyan flaps are now off of the unit, and I cannot insert toner carts without them. :eek:

The company that I purchased the unit from is about 200 miles away, and have said that they will pick up, repair(if poss), and return to me - but it will all take time - about 2 weeks:confused:

Does anyone have any ideas - I have got this fantastic printer, but can't use it:mad:

Any help would be great.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach him how to fish, and you can sell him equipment
  2. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

I work for a computer reseller and we do that sort of work.. in this particular case you would pay us $85 (1 hour labor) and we could set eveything back up and test the printer in shop to make sure it's all good.. short of sending it back you'll have to get a qualified printer (HP laser) technician to do it.. be careful of the cheaper places.. cheap doesn't always equate to as good or better...
  3. Thanks robbiesan.

Unfortunately, I live in London, UK. I have no problems paying for an engineer, but i do not want to pay the £500 Hewlett Packard are charging for a call out!

If anyone lives in the London area, and can do this I will pay a fair price!:D

Please help me get this beast up and running!

Thanks in advance:confused:

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach him how to fish, you can sell him equipment