laptop volume.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by celticfan11, May 4, 2007.

1. celticfan11

celticfan11 Moderator

So my laptop volume sucks. When i turn the sound all the way up in windows and in WMP the headphones are still too low. Tried 2 diff sets of headphones same thing. Is there a program that will boost up the sound louder then windows will allow it?

2. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything you can do without seriously compromising the quality of sound. Unless of course there is something wrong - most laptops I have used are fine with headphones. Has it always been quiet?

3. celticfan11

celticfan11 Moderator

yes it has always been a quiet sound output.

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

yeh USB headsets deffo the way to go, they have there own amp etc so not relying on the onboard amp

6. dubstar

dubstar format c:

are you pushing up just the master volume, or have you been to volume properties and upped the WAV output? you can also change the speaker type in windows to Headphones, from laptop speakers/5.1/2.1/built-in monitor/etc.

if you cant find anything to change in Volume Control (from the control panel) try going to Options (in Volume Control) and selecting Properties. you can add things you want to see in your Volume Control, and... control them.

good luck

7. celticfan11

celticfan11 Moderator

hmm i really didnt want to spend money. Oh well i knew this was a long shot anywayz.

8. _kC_

_kC_ Moderator