Laptop Spares (UK)

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by GoNz0, Apr 14, 2003.

1. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

im in need of a new CPU cooler for this Tiny notebook i got... anyone got any ideas where from ?

(P3 coppermine heatpipe jobby)

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

well so far with a 40mm p2 fan and a tube of superglue, im halfway there :cool:

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

*watches gonzo go... gonzo*

why are you doing such a thing? i doubt the little p2 heatsink is going to be adequate.

4. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

You sure you're not from Alabama? :confused:

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

its a P3 1100, i got a stock 40mm fan off a P2 heatsink and glued it into the laptop heatpipe :D its enough to stop the laptop rebooting and the customer asked the famous question "I need it fixing today, is there anything you can do without the correct spares ?":cool:

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i saw "cpu cooler" and thought you were looking for a replacement heatsink. nothing wrong with adding fans, i suppose. :) but did you try removing the heatpipe deal, cleaning it, and applying some fresh as3? that should help too.

7. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Removing the heatpipe and cleaning it, like Taurus said, might help.

Heh, a fan on the heatpipe, makes for voiding the warranty, no? :p But you get my award for improvisation desktop to laptop parts :blink: :happy:

BTW; Taurus, what's your avatar, I like it ( looks cool ) but I haven't any idea as to what " it " is.

8. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

an album... specifically, Superunknown, from Soundgarden in 1994. :)

[​IMG]

9. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

hehe, as its a P3 coppermine CPU, the heatpipe does have an offset fan to help move the air over the heatsink, but with it being a laptop the standard 40mm fan is tryin to push the air down, when the former fan pushed air sideways. anyway, the little bit of air i generated is enough to survive sisoft on multimedia benchmark 10 times :)

no im from england :p